Wayfarer's League 5e Battle Royale!
Time & Location
About the Event
Pure combat! Make teams of 5 and sign up! Design uniforms! Have a battle cry! Team names are a must! April 25th will be the first round, but we'll be taking your teams through this colosseum-style battle royale, running fortnightly until the finale. Last one standing is VICTOR! Starts at Level 6! After each round, the victors will level up!
We will be streaming voice over Twitch to make this a proper community event! We'll do a tournament chart to keep track of the teams and it'll be up on the website! Updates will be made on our blog.
- Level 6. No Homebrew. Wizards of the Coast Published materials only.
- Point buy or standard array.
- Starting equipment only. Sell equipment for half-cost, buy equipment at listed price in the books. Gold cannot be pooled between all members of the team.
- No Artificers
- No Lucky Feat. Other feats are ok. (The Lucky Racial trait for Halflings will also be allowed)
- Human Variant is allowed.
- Strength requirements for armour must be met otherwise you will move at 10ft.
- No healing potions, but healing magic is ok.
- Teams can have multiple PCs of the same Class, however they must have different Sub-classes.
- Multiclassing is allowed.
- Spell component costs are waived.
- Familiars are allowed with the assumption you'd already have that cast the spell, as it's a long-term spell.
- Revivify won’t be allowed, as it isn’t in the spirit of the event.
- For the purpose of the Battle Royale, steeds (from “Find Steed”) can only take movement actions. Animal companions for beast master rangers and steeds for cavalier fighters will still work as they are written into the sub-classes rules.
- REPEAT: Character sheets are due and locked by the 24th of April. They can be built using player-preferred methods (pdfs, apps, dndbeyond, etc) but must be approved by the GMs and locked in by Saturday, the 24th. Send them to Sarah or Fallaize via Discord DM.
- Character Art for Tokens
- Character art must be provided by the Player. We will make the tokens to make the teams visually match.
- Disclaimer: Character art must be either original artwork or royalty/copyright free.
→ If you'd like original art done for your character, Sarah is available to do a limited number of portraits at a time, £15 for a colour portrait/bust to be used for a token for anyone participating in the Battle Royale.
During the Battles:
- PCs will be allowed 1 Action, Move, OR Bonus action before the fight begins. This cannot involve any other PC directly.
- Flanking will grant Advantage.
- Should potions become available, drinking one yourself is a bonus action. Feeding it to another player is an Action.
- Players should NOT be watching on Twitch! That will result in instant disqualification for your team.
- When a person goes down they will get their death saves as normal. Stabilizing and healing from unconsciousness is ok. If a full party is unconscious but stable then they lose.
And any PCs that are out-right dead but on are a winning team will be "resurrected" post-battle in preparation for their next round!
(all this info is available on our blog, posted on 31/3)